Every face in the 2014 Sun City association board of directors election is a very familiar one.
If you’ve read Happy Trails over the past four years, you’ll know that I don’t write about current events. I don’t write about global or local issues for two reasons. First, editorials are a place where journalists finally get to express their views, and I think there are enough journalists inserting their opinions into the media flow today.
Remember the Provena Building on Regency Square Parkway? Forget it. It’s now the Huntley Executive Center.
Four years after their first club outing, fourteen Stingray Swim Club members drove to Zion to purchase much needed aquatic equipment but mainly to visit their swim idol, Adolph Kiefer.
In the close to three months since Kym Brunner sat down with the Sun Day, she has seen the publication of two novels, a handful of events celebrating said releases and already has plans to write a few more.
Age restrictions in Sun City, parkway trees, the recent fish kill in the community’s lake and streams, street lights, and home sales were the main topics at the most recent community association town hall meeting in Drendel Ballroom.
With the recent closure of Prairie Lodge’s indoor pool but the opening of Meadowview’s outdoor pool each morning at 9 a.m. sharp, three swimmers can be seen beginning their daily morning exercise routine for the purpose of gaining specific swim health benefits (described in Part 1 and Part 2 on this topic).
Some people think that a restaurant critic’s life is an easy one; we beg to differ. You have to research new venues, try to find them, eat extraordinary amounts of food, write about it, and then diet the rest of the week. Then along comes the next issue, and it’s “Déjà vu all over again.” Every once in a while, however, our efforts are rewarded.
- Art in My Secret Garden celebrates five years
- Huntley Radio update: We’re almost there!
- Boots on the ground are better than oafs in an office
- Boyhood: An unusual look at life
- Meramec Caverns
- Like having a gardener on speed dial
- Five things to do this month
- The best sweetener of all
- Laughter by Paul: August 28, 2014
- Hang Your Hat: August 28, 2014
- The Band is Back in Town
- When it comes to writing, the inspiration is key
- Truck accident likely cause for Wildflower Lake incident
- Sound bites on current Sun City issues
- Main street bridge re-opens, new traffic signals
- Swimming up stream towards a longer and healthier life, part 2
- Huntley volunteers intend to raise money to build veterans memorial and park
- FSR to continue managing Sun City’s activities, property
- Acceptable sweeteners
- Inspiring minds want to grow
- The Hundred-Foot Journey – a trip worth taking
- Artillery Fungus