When asked what he does on Memorial Day, WWII veteran and Sun City resident Rick Loughran gave an interesting reply.
I remember when my grandparents first moved to Sun City. This was back in the day when there wasn’t even a Jewel-Osco across the street.
One of the biggest incentives that attracted seniors to Sun City was activities. In their neighborhoods or at a large, well equipped recreation center or athletic field, they could pursue hobbies and recreational interests conveniently and frequently.
In the year 2014, the American Cancer Society informed us that an estimated 1,665,540 new cases would be diagnosed with the projection of 585,720 deaths that year due to cancer.
It’s time for all Sun City residents to stand up and be counted.
Everything is coming up new these days in Consolidated School District 158 in Huntley.
A couple of years ago, I moved to Sun City to join my new-found love. As a bonus, I also found a wonderful environment. I knew right away that I had made the right decision to move here. I found the man of my dreams and a community that I fell in love with!
Huntley’s Memorial Day Parade is Monday, May 25 and Huntley Radio is going to be in it. On our float will be some of your favorite radio stars, some of our staff, and some of our dedicated volunteers. What am I saying? We’re all volunteers.
- Don’t just be a gardener, be an investigator, too
- A Balanced Meal
- This film won’t steer audiences ‘far from the madding crowd’
- Ask the Woodchucks: May 21, 2015
- Healthier You combination class and support group
- Ask an Angel: May 21, 2015
- There’s nothing cheesy about my crossword quirk
- Hang Your Hat: May 21, 2015
- Happy Grandmother’s Day
- But times change, and so must I
- Editor’s note on assistant editor transition
- The Boys of Summer are back
- Alden project underway in Huntley
- Argh! It’s time to raise some money
- Model Railroad Club news
- Hang Your Hat: May 7, 2015
- Being Barbara
- That’s why the lady is a champ
- 2015 sees more renovation for Sun City property
- Liability problems stacking up at Huntley Outlet Center
- Fruits and vegetables loaded with pesticides
- Wanna get lucky?