You’ve heard the well-known mantra of a famous American military branch – “Once a Marine, Always a Marine.” It’s almost as prominent as “Semper Fi.”
One of the best examples of this legendary tradition is right here in Sun City, and she is still living it, at the age of 93. She started her journey in the Corps in 1943, and it reached an exciting climax in 2016, this past August.
A few weeks ago, I gave my heart to a plain white desk I bought from Amazon Prime. It’s a tiny wooden one, and I had to “build” it myself when it arrived in the mail.
After making several important decisions about large maintenance projects in recent months, the Sun City board of directors conducted one of its shortest meetings of the year on October 5.
There is good news and bad news about break-ins and criminal activity in Sun City these days.
Many times, as Huntley resident Deborah Webster walks her Pit Bull, Roxy, down the street, she sees people cross to the other side. “People have horrible opinions about [Pit Bulls],” she says. “If they only knew, she would shower them with kisses and never be aggressive. It’s not fair.”
It was the perfect Halloween costume.
Well, that’s what I thought when Mom showed me the Frankenstein mask I would be wearing that year when I was eight or nine years old. But I should have known better right from the start.
In the years 2013 and 2014, Neighborhood 32 resident Nick Koplos successfully completed his running races (male 74 to 79) to earn two 2nd places from CARA (Chicago Area Running Association). This past year of 2015, Nick’s efforts were again rewarded, this time with a 1st place trophy from CARA.
On April 20, 2015 The Girl on the Train became the fastest selling adult novel in history. By December 2015, it had sold 6.5 million copies, selling millions more since then. Several weeks ago this book was still the number one seller in the Chicagoland area.
- Sun City’s Very Own Two “Learn to Swim Clinics”
- Stop the sneezing!
- Ask an Angel: October 20, 2016
- A confused Confucius
- Check These Out: October 20, 2016
- The ornamental grass is always greener (or is it?)
- Address numbers and door trouble
- Time to get in line
- Waiting for a baby to be born is a real drag … of time
- Questions abound over Clanton FAC dismissal
- Possible upcoming publication break
- Waterfall renovations set in stone
- It’s October, when creatures of the night come calling
- Outlet mall fate remains a mystery
- 3… 2…1…
- Meadowview retention wall among list of repairs approved by board
- A trip to Tony’s Cafe
- Hang Your Hat: October 6, 2016
- Discover your very own wellness center and walk-in clinic
- Check These Out: October 6, 2016
- ‘Tis the season for a different kind of ornament
- Mice, and gophers, and bees, oh my!