Ushering in the sounds of the season, the Sun City Prairie Singers are set to perform their annual holiday concert this December, complete with standard classics and new twists.
I was in my early 20s, working as a manager in a restaurant, when I first heard the concept “perceiving is believing” or said differently “perception is reality.” It was part of our management training booklet, in a section that discussed quality of service. Although the concept was new to me and had its appeal, I, forever the idealist, sort of rejected it because there’s always an impregnable truth.
So you don’t want to develop those annoying flu symptoms (fever, sore throat, muscle aches, cough, runny or stuffy nose) that can spread to family and acquaintances. I, myself, was almost too late to receive the long-term effectiveness of this season’s influenza immunization. But after a recent interview with Beth, one of our neighborhood Walgreen pharmacists, I was convinced.
A lot of local folks are asking, “How is the Huntley Outlet Center doing?” As they say in the famous song, “The answer, my friend, is blowin’ in the wind.”
Variety is the spice of life – and soon it will be the spice of Sun City. MC Glamour, an energetic, two-woman variety act, will hit The Cosman Theater in Huntley this holiday season with its new show, “A Smile For Christmas.”
Author Washington Irving once said of Christmas that it is a “season for kindling the fire for hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.” And on December 4, members of the Sunflower Garden Club of Sun City will do just that, as the group hosts its fifth annual Holiday House Walk from 3 to 7 p.m. and five Sun City residents open their doors to the anticipated 300 eventgoers.
Another break-in occurred in Sun City the second week of November. This time, the offenders took advantage of the fact that the house backed up to open space and allowed them lots of privacy.
Those elves are at it again! The Sun City Woodchucks are hard at work crafting toys to put under the tree. It may not be the North Pole (although the temperatures feel like it!), but the Woodshop is bustling with activity this holiday season.
- Interstellar: not at all stellar
- Huntley Community Radio: Improved broadcasting services
- Ask the Woodchucks: November 20, 2014
- Proposed 2015 operating budget business as usual
- Go fast, turn left, and other intimate advice
- Just look for a nice ‘rack’
- Preparing income tax data
- Ask an Angel: November 20, 2014
- Make it a green-thumb holiday
- News Quick: November 20, 2014
- Laughter by Paul: November 20, 2014
- Her father’s keeper
- Watter’s first-hand account of downed WACO CG-4A
- Seasons aren’t the only things that transition
- Fortunate ‘Suns’
- Sun City signs one-year interim contract with FirstService
- The Ebola Enigma
- Resident Reporter: November 6, 2014
- Sun City ‘card room’ to get facelift
- A National and World Epidemic – Suicide: Part 3