JP Morgan says pickleball is ping-pong on steroids. That’s Sun City’s JP Morgan, not the 19th century tycoon.
The biggest mistake a writer usually makes when writing about personal grief or an experience that produces heightened emotions is writing about it too soon. What flows is usually deeply personal and doesn’t make much sense to readers in general. Moreover, the spilling of emotions can make people uncomfortable. At the time of writing this, the hurt of losing our dog is still fresh, but I strapped on my journalist cap and did my best to keep the experience of euthanizing our dog as “journalistic” as possible.
Lauren Lee’s open door in Sun City is closing on September 4.
Bill Berendt came to the Sun City board of directors meeting August 19 planning to begin preparations for returning to the board next January as a newly elected member. He left the meeting as a member of the board starting immediately.
Many seniors resist taking a long ocean voyage due to their fear of unprecedented weight gain that can occur on a luxurious ocean liner. This past May, my husband and I were determined to prove these critics wrong, as we approached our 6th cruise taken together/my 8th with nary a pound gained in the past.
The Women Marines, that is. On Saturday, Ann DiValerio, of Sun City Huntley, hosted a picnic for the Women Marines Association of Illinois. The group is dedicated to preserving the heritage of the Women Marines. The WMA also provides a forum for them to “pass the torch” to the new generation of Marines.
While the outsourcing of Sun City’s financial and accounting activities continues at First Service Residential (FSR), the association board has begun the process of evaluating the move.
- Rocky Mountain High
- D.C. honor flight for purple heart veteran
- Mr. Holmes hasn’t got a clue
- Is breakfast the most important meal of the day?
- Cultivating experience
- A restaurant that gets all “A”s
- Labor Day defined
- Mosquitoes test positive for West Nile virus
- Ask an Angel: August 27, 2015
- The best place for helping hands may be in your pockets
- Wireless interference
- Hang Your Hat: August 27, 2015
- Another Stingray Swim Club Summer Olympics Swim Meet Team Victory
- Voting may be unnecessary in upcoming board elections
- 12 Signs that you might be addicted to Starbucks
- Berendt challenges advisory committee system
- The Street Sweeper
- Mosquito madness
- Planting a seed
- Radiothon 2: A huge success
- Detoxing our bodies to heal
- What to do about weeding woes