When Joe Alengo signs on to his radio program, “Big Swingtime” on Huntley Community Radio, he might say something like, “If you like what you hear, be of good cheer! Tell a friend and let him capture the rapture.”
This summer, I challenged myself to read at least eight books.
Why eight? The summer reading program at my library rewards you with one raffle ticket for every four books you read, and I thought that achieving two entries would be a lot more impressive than earning one lone chance at the grand prize. Confession: I’m not actually sure what the prize is, but I like a good challenge.
In the early days of Sun City, a very scenic landscape was created.
It was located at the edge of the golf course, behind the outdoor pool at the rear of Prairie Lodge. It consisted of fountains and small waterfalls in a shallow basin behind the pool, a large waterfall alongside the pool in a forested area, more basins near the rear of the lodge, and another fountain near the bridge leading from the lodge to homes on Rock Creek Circle in Neighborhoods 1 and 1A. One of the fountains remains today.
It is difficult enough for us, humans, to keep cool in these months of August and September (especially this year), but the heat is truly no picnic for our beloved animal friends. Because dogs and cats do not sweat like we do, heat affects them differently. Here’s why
Americans don’t seem to be as crafty as they used to be, do they?
Right after the Sun City Elections Advisory Committee thought it had four 2017 board of directors members chosen by acclamation, it hit a bump in the road.
This year we have accumulated quite a bit of mold on the siding on the shady side of the house. What is the best way to remove it?
It’s hard to know where to begin, but I can tell you I spent half the time playing solitaire on my smart phone while I suffered through this debacle. Since there was no one within 50 feet of me, it didn’t annoy anybody.
- Water the rules for plant hydration?
- Nearby: “Nat’s on Maple”
- Ask an Angel: August 25, 2016
- Hang Your Hat: August 25, 2016
- In the name of freedom
- Quotes from a first-time pregnant woman, Part I
- Board election approaches with no need for votes
- Out with the new, in with the old
- Why tanning is still a bad idea for seniors
- Board approves softball guests
- Scam alert
- Tibet’s high points
- Hang Your Hat: August 11, 2016
- Captain Fantastic is, well, fantastic
- Finding the right footing just a step ahead of disaster
- Ask the Woodchucks: August 11, 2016
- Check These Out: August 11, 2016
- Everything you wanted to know about hydrangeas (continued!)
- HI-YO (shi) – SUSHI
- Ask an Angel: August 11, 2016
- Resident Reporter: August 11, 2016
- Centegra Hospital Huntley prepares to open its doors