Boasting a global collection of stamps, yet hosting only a small amount of members, the Sun City Stamp Club is opening its doors to more postage enthusiasts.
A lesson I never seem to learn is “Never say never.” Just when I thought I dispensed a full-proof “never,” my tastes change or I’m forced into a position that causes me to acquiesce my “nevers” and submit to something I said I’d never do. And humility is born.
Marengo – The Northern Illinois Fire Museum (NIFM), a group that showcases a wide array of vintage fire trucks and antique equipment, is an organization rich with history.
“The NIFM was officially incorporated in 2001, and they were off to the races,” said Treasurer Roger Dreher, who joined the now fifty-member group in 2002 after a [...]
Have you seen the TV commercial for Prudential where Professor Daniel Gilbert asks the question: “How much money do you think you’ll need when you retire?” There is a second commercial where Professor Gilbert uses ribbons to see how long your retirement funds can last. Of course, neither of these commercials provides an answer to the question.
HUNTLEY – Joe King was at the height of a productive advertising and marketing career in 2008 when he noticed the pain and swelling in his legs. At first, he assumed it was a temporary thing, and would recede. But it got worse, and he eventually consulted doctors. As his legs become abnormally large and [...]
To say Phyllis Allen and the members of the Encore Chamber Orchestra of Sun City are anticipating their concert on Aug. 3 is an understatement.
Do you remember the 1985 movie “Cocoon” that featured a group of senior citizens receiving newly discovered energy from leaping into and swimming in a nearby pool? The movie’s source of restored youth was outer-worldly. Your source of energy can be obtained from the aquatic sport itself.
As stated in both our sugar and healthy fat loss series, when we eat excess carbohydrates, the pancreas produces too much insulin. Elevated blood insulin or hyperinsulinemia is the major cause of all disease, including the epidemic we will address today, Diabetes.
Dr. Mercola says the United States now has 24 million diagnosed diabetics or 8% [...]
- Ask an Angel: July 31, 2014
- Hey Macarena, Ay!
- I didn’t know it was possible to be so clueless
- Huntley Community Radio update: Join us on the porch
- Ask the Woodchucks: July 31, 2014
- Hats off to you!
- Hungry for Starved Rock
- It’s time to play ball with your garden
- LUCY: weak minded
- Hang Your Hat: July 31, 2014
- Switching gears
- Rediscovering reading as more than just homework
- The Father of Invention
- The positive side of hope
- We Feel the Beat
- Sun City roundup: July 17, 2014
- Ask the Woodchucks: July 17, 2014
- Summer Athletic Competition
- Newly-formed marketing committee reviews options for Sun City’s future populace
- Huntley Community Radio Update: We did it!
- Cancers That Are Skin Deep, part 3
- A Bavarian House right under our noses