Huntley Community Radio, which for the last two years has been broadcasting over the Internet airwaves, has received its low-power FM license from the Federal Communications Commission to officially broadcast as WHRU-LP on 101.5 FM, turning what was once an idea for co-founder Allen Pollack into a reality.
I think if you’ve been reading Happy Trails for any length of time, you’ll know I’m pretty vanilla in both my writing style and subject matter. I basically write stuff that’s suitable for any age to read, which, for the most part, is good advice, if not for any other reason than it’s more marketable. But I’m going out on an editorial limb in this edition and am writing about swear words. I’ll mask them (It’s Halloween soon, after all), but no matter how many of these @#!% I put in, we all know a swear word when we see it.
On Oct. 10, Neighborhood 18 (Monarch Ridge) celebrated their 10th year as neighbors. Known as The Neighborhood That Cares, approximately 90-plus residents attended this special event in the Drendel Ballroom. Our Activity Committee planned this special event, inviting all our neighbors and included former neighbors who lived here and moved.
Suppose a fire breaks out in the Prairie Lodge kitchen and shuts down all operations in Jameson’s and Drendel Ballroom, and/or nearby activity areas?
Although it is only October, the Theater Company of Sun City is already dreaming of a “White Christmas.”
This is for all you World Series fans out there. How many of you have boarded the Kansas City bandwagon, which has stormed into the Major League Baseball classic this year out of nowhere.
As Halloween approaches, the Grandma, Grandpa and Me Club make their preparations for their annual Halloween party. This year, the party falls on Sunday, Oct. 26 from 1-3 p.m. at the Fountain View Center.
The Prairie Voices will celebrate their 10th anniversary with a special concert on Monday, Nov. 17, at 7 p.m. in the Drendel Ballroom. This ensemble of accomplished singers gave their first performance on Aug. 25, 2004, on the same stage. The original group of 12 singers has grown over the years to 23 members.
- Huntley business continues to rise
- World War II veteran tells his story
- A national and world epidemic: Suicide, part 2
- Breakfast with Santa
- Munch a Bunch of Brunch
- FURY: not for the faint of heart but heartfelt nonetheless
- Better to play safe than sorry
- Ask an Angel: October 23, 2014
- Ask the Woodchucks: October 23, 2014
- The magnificent life of Lion Boy and Leopard Boy
- Common-sense preparations
- A Healthier You Update
- Buggie up
- An ode to man’s best friend
- Fine tuned
- How to keep your home safe when you leave town
- Activities ongoing in Walgreen’s commercial complex
- Happy Birthday, Huntley Community Radio!
- Trustee Hanson resigns for Cincinnati gig
- A National and World Epidemic: Suicide
- Raining pizza on south-suburban swim meet
- More dangerous artificial sweeteners: Splenda