When Tiger and Eleven show up in Neighborhood 20, everyone perks up. As they are pushed around in their customized vehicles, folks come out of their houses to greet them. Residents stop weeding their gardens to say hi, jogging fitness buffs stop and say hello. Even the high school cross country runners sometimes pause and trot over to get a glimpse of the neighborhood celebrities.
It had just started to snow when the phone rang. “Hey, so quick update. We might get two dogs instead of one,” my dad says on the other end. “The owners don’t like this one family, so they may offer us the other one. Start thinking of names.”
Progressing from a small, shoestring ensemble to a full-sized string orchestra, the Anthony Kawalkowski Orchestra is back to perform in Sun City.
As winter approaches and you feel the first brisk wind, many have only one thing on their mind: getting out of town. But there are many risks for leaving your homes for this extended period of time.
HUNTLEY – There’s always something significant happening these days in the Walgreen’s commercial complex just outside Sun City.
This past summer and early fall, a number of activities continued to transform this area, which stretches from Kreutzer Road south past Regency Square Parkway, along the west side of Route 47.
￼Part of Walgreen’s reorganization of the interior [...]
Two years ago, on Sept. 28, 2012, Huntley Radio (HCR) began streaming on the Internet 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It trained local residents and school and college students in the art of broadcasting.
Nick Hanson played a significant role in some of the biggest expansion projects that have transformed Huntley from a tiny farming community into a robust, major suburban municipality.
When comedian Robin Williams recently committed suicide, he brought the plight of this illness to the foreground in public discussion. Suicide hurts both the victim, as well as those loved ones left behind.
- Raining pizza on south-suburban swim meet
- More dangerous artificial sweeteners: Splenda
- Ask the Woodchucks: October 9, 2014
- That ‘ka-chunk’ you just heard is million-dollar provenance
- Organizing electronic access
- I’m on top of the world…and the bottom
- Travel back in time, no DeLorean required
- Gone Girl – where oh where can she be?
- Don’t just sit around this autumn, take it by the wheel
- Ask an Angel: October 9, 2014
- A Stingray of importance to the swim club
- Walk-ins welcome
- Rockin’ the modern-folks’ home
- Standing on top of the world
- A League of Their Own
- Sun City burglars caught in New York
- 15 Years of Bocce
- Testing, testing, 1-2-3…
- Sepsis, Part 2
- A triumphal six county Senior Olympics swim meet
- Friday night lights
- Crisis control