On December 1, Delta Airlines announced that it is resuming flights to Havana, Cuba, as part of the thawing of relations between the United States and its close Caribbean neighbor.
What does this have to do with anything in Sun City?
It is the final chapter in a story that started for a Sun City resident in 1984.
Shortly before my son was born, it really sank in that my wife and I were going to be his primary role models for a number of years (and hopefully someone he bounces things off for the rest of our lives). The insight made me take stock of myself. I’ve done this before for numerous reasons, and it’s always an uncomfortable process, but unlike other times, I knew this time someone was going to be learning from me. Certain changes had to be made.
Sun City Woodchuck member Bill Ziletti was contacted in August, 2016 by Justin Searles (chaplain at the new Centegra Huntley Hospital) to see if the Woodchucks would be interested in building prayer boxes for the new hospital. Bill met with Justin to discuss the design and review the pictures of the current boxes.
Jean Christopher and her daughter, Antonia, were settling down for a quiet evening in their Sun City home on December 10 when they heard a loud crash in their back yard about 8 p.m.
Sun City residents David and Karen, along with their two sons, recently visited Tokyo.
The first hint of trouble came as I got out of bed the day after Christmas at 6:30 a.m. I stumbled because I had gone all weenie-legged on the right side.
“Well, that’s strange,” I thought. “Must have slept funny.” I flippered off to the bathroom.
Chuck Swindoll, an 82-year-old Evangelical Christian pastor and author of 70 self-help books, is also a radio and audio preacher who gives people, especially seniors, insight for living daily with difficult situations. Here is one of Swindoll’s outstanding poems to help guide us through life under situations that we wish were different.
With the correct attitude, you can still be in control of your happiness!
Our publication schedule precluded writing about these on a timely basis, but nonetheless, it’s rare that I see two films in a row I can actually recommend. It’s possible by now you’ve seen these; if not catch them while you can.
- Everybody loves a Bimbo…
- Cinematic ‘16: a year in review
- Check These Out: January 12, 2017
- Ask an Angel: January 12, 2017
- Selecting furnace air filters
- Hang Your Hat: January 12, 2017
- Do you hear what I hear?
- 12 things you didn’t know about the holidays
- Laced dog treats in areas near Sun City spark concern
- Oh, the weather outside is frightful
- Just one more purgatory to add to the pile
- Ring out the allergies this holiday season!
- Tom’s Top Holiday Movies
- The Diners decide: Top 10 of 2016
- ‘Nocturnal Animals’ has you hoping for daylight
- Ask an Angel: December 15, 2016
- Check These Out: December 15, 2016
- Garage Access to Your House
- Former Sun City employee charged with theft of residents’ funds
- Booking it in advance
- Being a father is its own kind of labor
- Board vacancies almost resolved