Ron Johnston is a Sun City resident who is giving new meaning to the phrase “on call.” Ron is not a doctor, cop, or first responder. He is a fulltime staff member of the association. He is in charge of APN neighborhood landscaping, snow removal, and…mailbox services.
I admit it. I’ve had my nose buried in outside writing projects the past week and haven’t been paying much attention to news beyond Sun City and the Huntley area. Maybe not even beyond Sun City. Perhaps I should count myself lucky I’ve been bundled up in a world of fiction; otherwise, my said nose might have caught a serious case of frostbite when the Siberian Express cold front swept through, which I missed entirely.
Is there anything special about a fire hydrant? Do we take much notice of them? When the village flushes them in the spring or summer, we may notice. Or when there’s a fire in our neighborhood, we’re thankful one is nearby.
Residents of Huntley now have the ability to participate in a ride-sharing program, as the village has entered into an intergovernmental agreement with the McHenry County Dial-A-Ride program called MCRide.
More than a century ago, Huntley’s development as a significant municipality took off. Today, it’s time for redevelopment.
I recently saw a sign on a Florida road marquee shouting out “Weight Loss is Fat Crying.” We probably all need to become a part of that “crying scene” sometime in our senior lives. It can be easy as substituting grapes for a brownie to lower calories consumed.
“Hero” is too strong a word in this case. Instead, call me “loving husband,” or “caring friend.” But not “hero.”
The Dining Duo was recently cruising in the “Fatmobile,” northbound on Route 31, when our eyes suddenly spotted a parking lot in front of Marzano’s Wood Fired Italian restaurant in McHenry that was overflowing with cars. We decided it was our duty to see what all the fuss was about.
- 50 Shades of White
- McFarland, USA a good run
- Ask an Angel: February 26, 2015
- Huntley Community Radio update: February 26, 2015
- Ask the Woodchucks: February 26, 2015
- Latest Sun City break-in has wrinkle
- Men of Harmony
- Thinking about the road less traveled
- The tax man
- Sun City break-ins provide good, bad news
- Dist. 158 maintains financial integrity despite lack of state support
- Our February story
- Yours for the choosing, part 2
- Dripping water on water heater, and dripping sounds from furnace
- Black or White a gray area
- Stake your claim for comfort food
- Wait for it… wait for it… here comes the sun!
- Ask an Angel: February 12, 2015
- Hang your hat: February 12, 2015
- Lion Hearted
- Worms… not so bad as aliens but bad enough
- Van Fleet remembered for service, volunteerism