On the first nice, warm day this spring, Sun Citians may see an unusual sight in the Prairie Lodge parking lot. A tall person will pull up on a Harley Davidson motorcycle. Don’t worry, it’s not an invasion by bandanna-wearing bikers, and it isn’t an undercover cop checking out residents’ driving habits. When she takes off her helmet, they’ll discover the driver is Lauren Lee, Sun City’s new community association executive director.
Revised $2.1 million plan focuses on traffic flow, parking, beautification
Immediate medical care is coming to Prairie Lodge this spring.
Soon, residents needing a flu shot, a prescription written, a look at a skin condition, or aid for a cut finger in the kitchen can get help without leaving Sun City, as Centegra’s Wellness Center in Prairie Lodge expands to become an immediate care clinic, scheduled to open this spring.
Customers at Tropical Smoothie Cafe in Huntley will soon be feeding more mouths than just their own.
Starting March 1, the restaurant will pool all of its profits for each month into vouchers given to the Grafton Food Pantry. Pantry clients can redeem vouchers for free meals and smoothies.
As concealed carry of handguns has taken center stage in Illinois, the attention of the Sun City Community Association has focused on how the new state law will be handled within this community.
While half of all C diff cases occur in people under 65, 90 percent of its fatalities occur to those over 65.
Recent research proves fecal microbiota transplantation has become a viable option for patients not responding to antibiotics.
In our never-ending quest to bring new and exciting culinary venues to our loyal readers, we went in search of a New York-style deli. The closest one for us to review was (this is really fun to say), Schmaltz Delicatessen in Naperville.
Question: My garage door was frozen to my driveway a couple of weeks ago. I didn’t know it and when I opened it with the remote, the strip holding the weather stripping at the bottom of the door pulled off for a distance of about three feet from the end. The strip is hanging from the door bottom. I am able to see two thin nails that were holding the strip in place. The nails are beneath the weather stripping through to the bottom of the door. The weather stripping itself is fine. Do you know of anyone who has had the problem and what they did to fix it?
- Personal touch suffers as robots conquer rental industry
- Winter-weary Midwesterners shovel their way to wings
- Ask An Angel 2/27/2014
- Laughter By Paul 2/27/2014
- Tech support scams that span the hemispheres
- Unrequited love not enough to warm up confounding ‘Winter’s Tale’
- The government pyramid
- Sculptor’s legacy molds new artists
- Spreading the love
- The many colors of Gray
- Wrapped in thanks
- Learn about the fast-spreading bacteria C. Difficile, Part II
- Resident Reporter 2/13/2014
- Advertising awareness
- The difference between agency and private caregivers, Part II
- Managing condensation on your home’s back windows
- Measuring up to my wife and always falling short
- The Eggers dock at Egg Harbor
- Think critically and avoid being scammed
- Laughter By Paul 2/13/2014
- When it comes to diet, only terrorists are rootin’ for gluten