The audience applause at the end of this movie confirmed that I wasn’t the only attendee who appreciated this amazing story. At the beginning of the film the following words appear on the screen: “Heaven Is For Real, Based on A True Story.”
Tee boxes are all painted bright and shiny, fairways and greens have been inspected and raked, debris has been cleared out, and the ice and snow have melted away.
Whisper Creek Golf Course is ready for the 2014 golf season. Now, it’s up to the weather – especially the wind – to cooperate.
“You’re listening to 101.5 FM, the home of Huntley Community Radio.”
That station identification may soon grace the airwaves — as quickly as the end of the year — as HCR received per¬mission from the Federal Communications Commission on March 14 to be-come a low-power FM station.
Whether hosting one of their quarterly potluck meals or a more intimate dinner, members of the Christian Fellowship Group of Sun City gather around the table to enjoy more than just food; they assemble to celebrate a feast of friendship.
Last year, an extensive furnishings and wall coverings makeover of Prairie Lodge began with installation of new carpeting.
This coming spring, the project will be completed with the installation of new furniture, fresh paint, and coverings throughout the 13-year-old facility.
During the 1950s, there was no shortage of work to be done by the Young Christian Workers, an international group dedicated to social justice. Embedded in conflict with Korea not long after the end of WWII, the U.S. faced challenges within its own borders as the makeup of its cities changed, further fanning the flames of racial tension.
Two types of physicians prevail over the “kidney scene.” One is the urologist or kidney surgeon and the other is the nephrologist or kidney specialist. Gary Curhan, nephrologist at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, discusses chronic kidney disease in “Be Kind to Kidneys” a March, 2014 Nutrition Action Healthletter.
The Polish American Club presented a bountiful St. Joseph’s Table before their March 17 meeting. Members provided a variety of tasty foods.
- A winter recovery checklist to help your lawn spring back
- Welcome to Umbrage — next stop: High Dudgeon
- Ask an Angel 4/10/2014
- The growth of sugar and HCFS in the American diet
- Saddle up and holler ‘yee-haw!’
- ‘Noah’ floods the screen with special effects, little else
- How much worse can the state of our state get?
- Zen and the art of NOT poisoning your bushes
- Keep rubber shower seals mold-free
- Laughter By Paul 4/10/2014
- Elgin Co-op hopes ‘Feast-ival’ inspires food discussions
- Primary sees turf facility turned down
- Location a major factor in fate of Sawyer-Kelley Mill
- Vote could bring $10,000 to senior transportation program
- Pianos to duel in Sun City on April 10
- Board votes to revisit policy on infected trees
- FirstService staff, positions reorganized
- Our Hard Working Kidneys, Part II: Causes, symptoms of kidney failure
- Resident Reporter 3/27/2014
- Ask an Angel 3/24/2014
- Take two pills and call me if you survive until morning
- Resilient evergreens challenged through this harsh winter