Lauren Lee’s one-year anniversary as the executive director of Del Webb Sun City should celebrate her personal successes, yet she insists it does not. Instead, Lee’s focus is on the residents.
For somebody who writes fiction and is addicted to reading, I find character arcs mostly phony. They’re a necessity, sure. But no matter how many times I get tingly seeing Ebenezer Scrooge drop that coin out the window, I ultimately think character arcs are fluff. Who changes their entire outlook on life in the space of night, pushy ghosts or not? I’m certain if the story kept going, by March Scrooge would be back to penny-pinching Cratchit once he put the ghost of Christmas Future safely in the past.
It’s time again for the Sun Day to close out another successful year in Sun City and take its annual hibernation, so to speak, for the next few weeks. This December 18 edition marks the final edition of 2014. The Sun Day will resume its regular biweekly publication schedule with our January 15, 2015 edition. Until our return, the Sun Day wishes you a very warm holiday season and Happy New Year!
From the desk of SCCAH Executive Director Lauren Lee.
I recently had a spirited conversation with a Sun City resident in regards to the Sun Day’s content, specifically its blend of content. It was the caller’s opinion that the Sun Day doesn’t report enough Sun City items that would be deemed “news” or more accurately “hard news.”
While most take the sign of heading to court as owning up to a wrongdoing or to serve on a jury, Bob Beaupre and a group of people earlier this month filed in to the Kane County Courthouse for another reason.
Each year about this time, the Sun City association board of directors determines its priorities and goals for the following 12 months.
One voice, delivering attractive and interesting information, to all appropriate media. This is the thinking behind the Sun City association’s creation of a new communications coordinator position and hiring an experienced communications professional to fill it.
- ‘Tis the season to be jolly – so put on a happy face (part 2)
- Trains running!
- European River Cruise 2014
- Finding that elusive but dependable spirit once again
- Ladies luncheon donation
- Ask an Angel: December 18, 2014
- Ostomy Group to meet in January
- An afternoon at the Swan Lake Ballet
- An Italian kitchen comes to Huntley
- How to donate to Huntley Radio at no cost to you
- My take on 2014’s year in film
- 911 locator light switch
- Rental Recommendations
- Hang Your Hat: December 18, 2014
- DAR To Organize New Chapter In Huntley Area
- Why walk down memory lane when you can perform it?
- I am quite thankful this holiday season
- You can call me ‘Grandma’
- Lions and Tigers and Elephants … Oh My!
- Hang Your Hat: December 4, 2014
- In memoriam: Nancy P. Shadle
- Upcoming repairs for Sun City noted