Judy Smith and Pat Shannon met in 2008 when Smith moved in across the street from Shannon on Timber Creek Drive.
“My [previous] neighbor and I were good buddies,” said Shannon. “Then, when Judy moved in to Peggy’s house, well, we began to be buddies, too.”
The two forged a friendship that centered around walking.
For most people, it takes a lifetime to achieve greatness. Take my father, for instance. He didn’t achieve greatness until he was 76. My grandfather didn’t achieve it until he was 84. But I achieved it at only 36. In record time, in my opinion.
Telephone and email scams are everywhere these days. Ask virtually anyone you know, and they’ll tell you about a fraud attempt they have received or heard about. In Huntley, the police department, in the person of Sgt. Leonard Marak, is keeping Sun Citians aware regularly about the latest scam attempts.
Remember when Huntley was a “small town”? Now, we have two members of the prestigious WGN Walk of Fame.
With the help of modern technology, the soon-to-be-unveiled Huntley Veterans Memorial will be both actual and virtual.
Sun City Huntley residents, YOU have made the wise decision to move into our fabulous, active senior community. The Daily Herald explains it well with the following statements they printed on June 4, under the title “Be Active, Be Healthy.”
Seventeen years after it opened, Sun City Huntley remains one of the nation’s most popular active adult communities.
Letters for the week of June 16
- It’s simple human nature to be so complicated
- Ask the Woodchucks: June 16, 2016
- An interview with Mark Dwyer, Part 2
- Ask an Angel: June 16, 2016
- Check These Out: June 16, 2016
- Art in My Secret Garden
- Now You See Me 2 – I wish I hadn’t
- Mimi “Lumes” over breakfast
- Bringing change to the table
- Amazon knows how to push buttons
- Waterfall repair project underway
- Veterans Memorial nears completion, dedication planned
- Wildflower Lake shoreline erosion repairs being discussed
- Local teen collecting orthotic braces for people of developing countries
- Board meeting addresses maintenance updates, hours of operation
- Healthy Eating, part 2: Healthy foods you can say “Yes” to!
- Farmers Market returns to Dhamer Square
- Just another day at the office — for an angel
- An interview with Mark Dwyer, part 1
- Not Your Mother’s Pancakes
- People helping people
- Check These Out: June 2, 2016