AARP headlines alert us that reimagining our lives after retirement is definitely possible. We are told by the media to “kick start a new career” or “sustain yourself beyond retirement age.” Dr. Jose Sison, Neighborhood 1, definitely lives by this mantra: “Better late than never” or “Better still, it’s never too late.”
Sometimes spring cleaning doesn’t have to come in the form of decluttering your bedroom closet or getting rid of winter dust. Here are a few other ideas to put a spring in your step that aren’t so obvious.
“We’re going to bring the mall back to its greatest days.” With these words, Rich Turasky, founder and president of Capital Realty and Development of Elgin, announced April 12 that his company has purchased the Huntley Outlet Center.
Several more staff changes in the Sun City marketing, maintenance, and fitness departments have been announced recently by Deanna Loughran, executive director.
Letters for the week of April 21.
While the budget stalemate in the State of Illinois drags on, there is one agency that is consolidating and moving toward increased efficiency.
Sue Iwinski, the energetic founder of the Sun City/Huntley Multiple Sclerosis Support Group passed away recently. She became a resident of Neighborhood 18 in 2006, and will be missed greatly by a multitude of family and friends. Here are excerpts from Sue’s Memorial Service Eulogy written by her husband, Mike, and son, Michael Iwinski.
Garage sales have a history. According to Phyllis James, N19, the first, and probably only, outdoor garage sale was actually held in Sun City in the summer of 2004.
- Relieving acid reflux without medicine
- On Fleck: An interview with a flower photographer
- Looking for a few good volunteers
- Hear ye, hear ye … dinner is served
- Keeping you in the know on the go
- Check These Out: April 21, 2016
- The Jungle Book – another Disney slam dunk
- Mulch volcanoes are killing trees
- Never been here before, but it’s nice to see it all again
- Ask an Angel: April 21, 2016
- Children, children…
- Time sure flies, the Sun Day turns 6
- A community comes together for a great cause
- Huntley Outlet Center faces uncertain fate
- Why stop at Florida… when the Bahamas are so close!
- Sun City Concert Band continues to give back
- Early signs
- Batman v Superman — an exhausting ride
- Sun City maintenance updates underway
- Prairie Lodge rooms receive official names
- Hey, America, what part of ersatz don’t you understand?
- Ready, Set, Spring