Burton the Yorkshire Terrier has been in a casino, crowded elevators, stores and fitting rooms, bathrooms, and airports. But this week, Burton will survive a tornado, travel to Oz, and help Dorothy Gale get back to Kansas when he takes center stage as “Toto,” Dorothy’s beloved dog in the Sun City Theatre Company’s production of “The Wizard of Oz.”
I’ll start by saying I don’t have a fondness for sports.
This might seem blasphemous with the Cubs’ World Series victory still lingering in everyone’s headlines and hearts. But wait, it gets better.
America’s most contentious and personal presidential election campaign climaxed with a surprising result on November 8, and it isn’t over yet.
Maintenance and repair activities, both interior and exterior, continue to keep Sun City’s officials very busy.
What a past week this has been (November 2 through November 8)!
With two exciting news media results, I would like to discuss the one dearest to sports fans here in the Chicago area: our Cubbies’ World Series Victory!
When a century-old curse finally gets lifted, it’s hard not to look for whatever other curse might be lurking beneath. At least, that’s what a die-hard Cubs fan does.
We went to the consumer expo on October 27 and spoke with several vendors who supply services like those we talk about in this column. These people are out there every day seeing the things people need repaired or replaced so they could give us a fresh perspective.
This is another book I sought after hearing the NY Times best-selling author interviewed on WGN radio. He spoke about the creation of the first Japanese transistor radio which led to the Sony Corporation.
- Annual Sun City Annual Holiday House Walk is all heart
- Woo-hoo for “Woow”
- Arrival – AAA rating, Amy Adams is Awesome & Hacksaw Ridge revealed
- Ask an Angel: November 17, 2016
- Split ticket
- 5 Tips For Effectively Debating Politics At Your Next Party, Wedding, Funeral, Workplace Function And/Or Family Holiday Gathering
- Lions and Tigers and Bears … Oh My!
- Is ending the streak a cursed blessing, or a blessed curse?
- Savannah, Ga.: More than just biscuits, grits, and gravy
- Korean, Vietnam Veteran gives ‘after-action’ report on honor flight
- Low-impact fitness
- All aboard for burgers
- Washing machine money-savers
- Check These Out: November 3, 2016
- Inferno – Hanks sizzles, movie fizzles
- Falling into habit: readying your autumn garden for winter
- Ask an Angel: November 3, 2016
- Hang Your Hat: November 3, 2016
- Once a Marine, always a Marine
- An open letter to those who need a little space
- Board discusses maintenance, advisory committees
- Police investigate recent break-ins and scams