Ten thousand times in the last 10 years, Sun City’s Sew ‘N Sews members have practiced a tangible giving spirit.
I was on the phone with Sun Day advertising representative Kurt Kuehnert the other day, discussing a client’s ad copy, and he said, “They want either red, white, or blue.” He immediately interrupted himself with, “Wait, that’s wrong. They want red, white, or blue….” Can you see the difference? Let’s clarify it.
Huntley’s July 4 fireworks show has found a new home in Deicke Park.
Although the Theatre Company of Sun City may be presenting “The Hallelujah Girls” onstage this summer, it doesn’t include a chorus.
What exactly is cancer?
How time flies when you’re having fun. This is our second anniversary writing for the Sun Day News. To celebrate this momentous occasion, we decided to spruce ourselves up, splurge a little, and go to the Cooper’s Hawk Winery and Restaurant in South Barrington’s Arboretum shopping complex.
My neighbor received a phone call from her grandson and it turned out to be a scam phone call. She couldn’t hear the caller very well, so she wound up hanging up. I can only imagine what the outcome could have been. What can we do to prevent being scammed?
Last week I opened the “inside” garage door to our house and heard a loud pop. It sounded like a balloon burst. Now the door doesn’t close by itself. There are two large cylinder type hinges on this door. Are these spring-loaded? Did one or both of them snap? How do I go about getting the door fixed?
- You know you really want to — and now you probably should!
- Hang Your Hat: July 2, 2015
- Gardening Q&A
- Inside Out: Another Disney/Pixar magical production
- Assessing the toxicity of our individual bodies
- From Rombas to Sun City: A story of connections
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Introverts
- Ground breaker
- Penny Flooring Just Makes Cents
- Vets Roll
- The dreaded “C” word, part 1
- The faces behind the airwaves
- Rhodes Resigns
- A Grade “A” Diner
- Love & Mercy, a Beach Boys triumph of a different kind
- More foods to avoid
- Ask an Angel: June 18, 2015
- Ask the Woodchucks: June 18, 2015
- Make way for the Monarch
- The way it should have been is just the way it was
- Hang Your Hat: June 18, 2015
- Bumpy ride